Paperback: 264 pages
Product Dimensions: 5.2 x 0.7 x 8 inches
Shipping Weight: 5.6 ounces
Celebrated by medical students for over a decade, Kaplan's pocket-sized Dr. Pestana's Surgery Notes is the highest-yield surgery review for the the shelf and USMLE Step 2 CK exams.
Designed for portable prep, Dr. Pestana's Surgery Notes fits perfectly in your lab coat so you can refresh your knowledge in between cases.
The Best Review
- Concise high-yield review of core surgery material
- 180 up-to-date vignettes for self-testing
- 15 brief essays examining selected diagnostic and therapeutic tools from a surgical perspective
- NEW essay topics: intravenous fluid therapy, surgical infections, and fluid needs in children
- NEW illustrated chapter on bariatric surgery
- NEW introduction with guidance for addressing regional variations in medical practice on National Board questions
- Revised and fully up-to-date content from distinguished surgery instructor Dr. Carlos Pestana
- For over a decade, Dr. Pestana's Surgery Notes has helped med students excel on the surgery shelf exam and USMLE Step 2 CK
About The Author
Carlos Pestana, MD, PhD, is emeritus professor of surgery at the University of Texas Medical School at San Antonio. Ranked #1 in his medical school class, Dr. Pestana has a doctorate in surgery from the University of Minnesota and did a 5-year surgical residency at the Mayo Clinic. He has received over 40 teaching awards and prizes for teaching excellence. In the early 1990s he was a member of the Comprehensive Part II Committee of the National Board of Medical Examiners that designed what is now the clinical component of the USMLE Step 2 exam. Dr. Pestana is also the author of Fluids and Electrolytes in the Surgical Patient, which has been translated into Spanish, Italian, and Greek.